Smitty 4-Way Stretch Standard Fit Pleated Referee Pants
- Advanced Technology Lightweight Pants
- 92% Polyester 8% Spandex with 4-Way stretch
- Breathable and moisture wicking
- Spreads & Evaporates moisture picked up off the skin
- Pants are unhemmed
- Athletic Standard Fit Standard fit through the seat and thigh with a more tapered leg below the knee. Standard rise for a less baggy look.
Fabric & Care
- 92% Polyester 8%Spandex
- Machine Wash - Cold Water
Questions & Answers
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Are the legs tight on these? Will they look like skinny jeans?
No, the leg opening is not as wide as on the athletic cut, but definitely not tight. The rise is also not as long, so they don't appear as baggy as the athletic cut.
What is the inseam measurement?
The unhemmed inseam is about 39". We do offer hemming service, or you can hem them on your own.
I have a pair of Smitty Flat Front that were purchased about 6 years ago and they have a high waist that ride up during the game to the point I am continuously pulling them down. Has the design changed so these pants will sit on my waist a little lower? I am a rather slender 30W/34L and have difficulty finding a good fit in pants.
Yes, the rise on the tapered fit is not as long as the older ones.
I do not want the clown pants Smitty produced a few years ago. I will discard two pair because of their bagginess thru the thigh and back side. My wife laughs when I put them on. Are the tapered fit more like standard pants fit and not the baggy oversized product I have.
The tapered pants have a shorter inseam, and less room in the seat of the pants. We do offer free returns if you get these and are unsatisfied with the fit.
Are the NBA flat front tighter in the thigh area then the pleated pants?
As far as the fit goes they are pretty similar.
Are the Pants returnable if they are hemmed?
They can not be returned once they are hemmed or altered.
I am a women's size 10. Where would that put me with men's pants? Women's pants don't seem to offer this new style...
If you're a size 10 in Women's pants you would need to order a size 31 or 32 in a men's pant.
which pair has no pleats
The NBA flat front do not have pleats.
Why is their a waist size but no pant leg size?
All of the basketball referee pants that we sell only come by waist size because he leg length is unhemmed. Once you receive the pants you will have to have them hemmed to the length that fits you the best.
My question is in regards to the fit on the waist. Since these are not adjustable at the waist my fear is getting them too large and having to constantly pull them up during a game. Are they slightly smaller than the given measurement therefore allowing room for error?
No they run true to size. But we have Free Returns so you can order multiple sizes to see what works best.
Do the pants have belt loops?
No, these do not.
Here is the link for the belt loop pants: https://purchaseofficials.com/collections/basketball-referee-pants/products/smitty-flat-front-beltloop-referee-pants
Do these pants (Smitty 4-Way Stretch Standard Fit Pleated Referee Pants) have an expandable waistband?
The pants do not have an expander waistband. The 4-way stretch refers to the type of material used to make the pants.
Are they black or blue?
All of the basketball referee pants we carry are black.
Free Returns Info
Important Info on Returns
- DO NOT WEAR YOUR SHOES OUTSIDE IF YOU THINK YOU MAY NOT KEEP THEM.
- You can return shoes provided they have not been worn outside or in a game. Shoes that have been worn outside or on the court can NOT be returned for any reason other than a manufacturers defect. Once they have dirt on them, they can not be returned.
- Our Advice: Try your shoes on in your house and wear them for a while to make sure you like them. Once you wear them outside or on the court they are yours to keep.
- We will not take back dirty shoes.
- Shirts, Pants, and Jackets can be returned provided they have not been altered, laundered, or game worn.
- Pants: Be sure to try on all pants before having them hemmed. It can happen that a pair is mis-labeled or incorrectly sent. Please make sure they fit before hemming.
- Compression, Undergarments & PPE Masks
- Undergarments, compression and PPE Reusable Masks CAN NOT be returned for any reason other than manufacturers defect once the package is opened.
Returns & Exchanges
- Returns that meet the above conditions will be accepted up to 30 days after you receive your items.
- Your refund will be issued to the original form of payment. Your orginal shipping is not refundable.
- Click Here for the returns page. Be sure to include the return form with your return shipment.
Info on Hemming
Important Info on Hemming
Before ordering your pants hemmed to length please read the notes below.
- Make sure you know your inseam for the Smitty Referee/Umpire pants you are buying. The inseam on your jeans or different brands of officiating pants will be very different from Smitty pants because the rise is different.
- We use a straight stitch 1" hem with a 1/2" tolerance (32" inseam may actually measure up to 32.5").
- Hemmed pants CAN NOT be returned for any reason (manufacturer's defect is the only exception).
- Standard transit time pants will ship in 5-7 business days, and express inseam pants will ship in 2-3 business days (weekends and holidays are not business days).