Smitty Referee Pants
- 100% Polyester Referee Slacks
- 3" Waistband
- Black Pocket Lining
- Pants are unhemmed
- Choose Pleated, NBA Slash Pocket Flat Front, or Western Pocket Flat Front
Fabric & Care
- 100% ComfortTech Polyester
- Machine Wash - Cold Water
Questions & Answers
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What are the lengths of the pants?
All pants come unhemmed at the bottom. You can add hemming, or get them altered yourself to be the length you need.
You should carry pants that have the extendable waist.
For the referee pants, because a belt is not worn with the uniform, the expandable waist was not a viable option. This is why we offer the sizing selection in odd and even sizes. If you find that you are still having difficulty finding the right fit, the Flex belt is a great option for you.
do these pants have a flexible waist band?
These pants are a very fitted waste. They have some flex to them, but they do not stretch or expand at all.
Do these pants have belt loops ?
Those don’t have beltloops, but here is the link to our beltloop pant. https://purchaseofficials.com/collections/basketball-referee-pants/products/smitty-flat-front-beltloop-referee-pants?variant=8871635583041
what is the rise on the pants?
What waist size pants are you looking at. The rise can vary by size. It is normally about a 17" rise.
Do these pants have any sort of stretch to the waist?
All of the pants that we carry for basketball referees are a fitted waist. Since the pants don't come with belt loops they need to be fitted so they stay up. These pants can be taken in or let out in the waist by a seamstress by two inches to get the best fit possible.
Do you have the athletic cut?
All of our basketball pants are made with an athletic cut. The legs have more room and so does the seat of the pants. If you purchase the pants, and they don't fit to your liking we do offer free returns. Just make sure the pants are not altered before returning them.
Important Info on Returns
- DO NOT WEAR YOUR SHOES OUTSIDE IF YOU THINK YOU MAY NOT KEEP THEM.
- You can return shoes provided they have not been worn outside or in a game. Shoes that have been worn outside or on the court can NOT be returned for any reason other than a manufacturers defect. Once they have dirt on them, they can not be returned.
- Our Advice: Try your shoes on in your house and wear them for a while to make sure you like them. Once you wear them outside or on the court they are yours to keep.
- We will not take back dirty shoes.
- Shirts, Pants, and Jackets can be returned provided they have not been altered, laundered, or game worn.
- Pants: Be sure to try on all pants before having them hemmed. It can happen that a pair is mis-labeled or incorrectly sent. Please make sure they fit before hemming.
- Compression & Undergarments
- Undergarments and compression CAN NOT be returned for any reason other than manufacturers defect once the package is opened.
- We offer free returns only. If you use our prepaid return label you will be refunded for the items sent back to us. If you need to exchange, return the unwanted items for a refund and buy the new items online.
- Returns that meet the above conditions will be accepted up to 30 days after you receive your items.
- Your refund will be issued to the original form of payment.
- Click Here for a free return shipping label. Be sure to include the return form with your return shipment.
Info on Hemming
Important Info on Hemming
Before ordering your pants hemmed to length please read the notes below.
- Make sure you know your inseam for the referee pants you are buying. The inseam on your jeans will be very different from referee pants because the rise is different.
- We use a straight stitch 1" hem with a 1/2" tolerance (32" inseam may actually measure up to 32.5").
- Hemmed pants CAN NOT be returned for any reason (manufacturer's defect is the only exception).
- Standard transit time pants will ship in 5-7 business days, and express inseam pants will ship in 2-3 business days (weekends and holidays are not business days).
- If you enter an outseam measurement please measure from the TOP of your pants. If an outseam is entered we will use this measurement regardless of the inseam entered.